Summer is HERE! Which means as the temperature rises, so will your utility bill.
Here are 5 tips that will help you stay cool and save money this summer.
1. Clean off the exterior HVAC unit. Clear debris, dead leaves and plant growth that could potentially block airflow.
2. Check the HVAC filter once a month during the summer. Also, dust the grates.
3. Program your thermostat. Only operate the air conditioner when you are home. Set the thermostat a few degrees higher than you normally would.
4. Keep cool air in. Seal around windows, doors, and baseboards. Check for holes or separated joints in your air conditioning ducts, and add insulation around ducts in attics, crawl spaces and garages. Close windows and drapes during the day to keep hot air out. Energy efficient window treatments such as reflective films are also available.
5. Use ceiling fans. Ceiling fans can make a room feel much cooler, and most fans cost less than $10 a month to use if you keep them on 12 hours a day.
Chandler & The Affinity Team